Open flames are dangerous. It says so on the cover of every aerosol can, paint can and most fluid cans. It has to be true if it’s written down.

The problem is in the level of combustibility

When an open flame, meets a tightly compacted, flammable substance…sparks shoot out first. Sometimes they can catch the house you worked so hard to build on fire.

Flames lick the walls and blacken the ceilings.
Roof caves in, expensive furniture up in smoke,
distant sounds of screeching sirens grow closer…a warning that something is wrong
Too late. Unpredictable. Too dependent on shifting winds.

Sometimes the fire just burns itself out until all that’s left is a small, smoldering heap. The flame and the substance both destroyed. A lesson in value. Some items can never be replaced.

Advertisements